The 9th annual Hiphop for society event organized by Breakdance Project Uganda to“ highlight the positive roles of hiphop in society” took place on 31st January 2016 at Sharing youth centre, Nsambya.
The event featured;
- Free workshops and teaching by Bgirl Teresa from Sweden (dance), Street Lights Uganda (craft-making), Educate! (entrepreneurship), Capoeira Senzala (capoeira), The U.S. Embassy Information Resource Centre, etc.;
- Breakdance battles: kids, Bonnie & Clyde (male-female teams), and 5-on-5;
- Beatboxing: performances by incredible BPU-trained youth & young-adults;
- Rap performances by St. Nellysade, Snooty Fredo, Sylvester and Abramz, Uganda Zulu Nation and others;
- Dance performances by: Save Street Children Uganda & EWAKA, People Concern Children’s Project, Flawsome crew of bgirls from BPU, and many cyphers (freestyle dance) by BPU members among other activities..
Mark was on the core organizing team and judged battles.
Below are some of the photos by Kibazzi Pius (Kibazzi photography).